ACTION 1: “Kylien palvelupisteet” project for creating service points for villages
Service Points in local shops presented in Söderhamn Sweden: https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/3113/service-points/
The Swedish model presented in a SARURE meeting, was found useful for South Karelia. Rural Development Programme for Mainland Finland was found fit for the case. Yet, it has some restrictions. For example, local retailers were not possible to be as direct beneficiaries. Three municipalities were recommended by the financing authority to be taken as co-partners.
Project plan was made already in late autumn 2019 and it was submitted for funding in a Call in late 2019.
Project was approved and it was started in May 2020.
During 2020 and 2021 the action plans and 2021 the action plans and creates three service points in three different municipalities in South Karelia.
- Lead partner is Regional Council of South Karelia. Other partners are municipalities of Luumäki, Taipalsaari and Rautjärvi.The municipalities will be lead operators of the future service points.
- Local retailers are involved service providers. The service points may be used by other defined organizations such as village associations, associations of enterprises and other organization providing services for the residents and visitors.
- Funding is provided by ELY-keskus, State Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment.
- Preparation stage 9/2019 - 4/2020
- Execution of the project 1/5/2020 – 31/10/2021
Costs and funding source
- Preparation was done by own work.
- Project budget 156.565,58€
Funding source: Manner suomen maaseutuohjelma (Rural Development Programme for Mainland Finland, The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development)
ACTION 2: “Etelä-Karjalan nettikauppa-alusta” Internet platform for retail in South Karelia
- Similar internet sales platform developed in Binefar Spain for small enterprises
- Binefar platform was presented in SARURE seminar is Germany in Spring 2019
- Binefar platform seems to be benefiting as it was developed by publics funds and it provides easy and cost-friendly means for a small firm to in internet sales.
- South Karelia Universities LUT and LAB involve students along staff to make analysis and plans either adopt Binefar platform or to make similar platform.
- Platform is created.
- This action benefits of face-to-face meetings (bi-lateral meetings).
- Binefar in system is analysed and plan for realization is made.
- The platform is created. This stage of project was a wish from the funding authority.
- Lead partner is Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology LUT, LAB University of Applied Sciences is a co-partner.
- Other partners will be the municipalities in South Karelia in order to reach the enterprises within their territory.
- Preparation stage 9/2020 – 4/2021
- Execution of the project 1/5/2021 – 31/12/2022
- Information exchange with Binefar has already started.
Costs and funding
- Preparation was done by own work
- Project budget 200.000€
Funding sources: Manner-Suomen maaseutuohjelma (Rural Development Programme for Mainland Finland, The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development)
ACTION 3: Morning coffee in South Karelia
Good practices in Poland “Breakfast South Warmia”: https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/3097/breakfast-of-south-warmia/
Ireland “Tubbercurry Old Fair Day Festival”: https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/3121/tubbercurry-old-fair-day-festival/
The morning coffee event in South Karelia needs to be renewed in order to attract the enterprises and generate benefiting local events. This is needed in improving vitality of the villages and improving knowledge of local products and handicraft work.
- Association of South Karelia enterprises learns more on Polish and Irish tood practices in bi-lateral meetings and by internet.
- Own morning coffee concept is renewed.
- Funding application is made for the Rural Development Programme for Mainland Finland, The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. Regional Council of South Karelia has agreed to assist in the application.
- Morning coffee or similar events are made with local enterprises with the new concept.
- Lead Partner: Asociation of South Karelia enterprises.
- Enterprises in the events.
- Regional Council of South Karelia, in the application stage for project funding.
- Preparation stage 9/2020 – 4/2021
- Execution of the project 1/5/2021 – 31/10/2022
Costs and funding sources
- Preparation by own work, appr. 1000€
- Project costs 120.000€
Funding sources: Manner-Suomen maaseutuohjelma (Rural Development Programme for Mainland Finland, The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development).