AMSTERDAM, 2nd December 2021
The Final Event of the Cyclewalk project took place on 2 December 2021 in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and online, gathering around 4 participants across Europe. The meeting was organised by the Urban Cycling Institute of the University of Amsterdam.
Despite the general limiting circumstances, the Final Event proved to be very successful: it presented a thorough yet very clear overview of the stages of the project, as well as an insightful analysis of the main results of the project.
The event also highlighted the impact of the action plans and pilot actions in different parts of Europe:
- Oradea Metropolitan Area Intercommunity Development Association (Romania)
- Municipality of Olbia (Italy)
- EGTC "Territory of municipalities: Municipality of Gorizia (I), City Municipality Nova Gorica (SLO) and Municipality of Šempeter-Vrtojba" (SLO)
- Regional management Burgenland Ltd (Austria)
- Municipal Enterprise "Connection Services" (Lithuania)
It was also particularly stressed the importance of intermodality and the need to fully implement the European Green Deal.
The conclusion of this inspiring Final Event can be summed up with the words of Project Manager Mr. Sebastian Bonis paraphrasing John F. Kennedy: “Ask not what biking can do for you, ask what you can do for improving biking in your region.”
In the morning before the event, the project partners and their stakeholders experienced different cycling routes in Amsterdam and discussed how the existing infrastructures have to be improved in order to make people cycle and walk in their everyday life.
Proceedings of the event will be soon available at this link: