Both the second phase and Corona have created a different dynamic in the partnership of Islands of Innovation. We met our partners virtual during an online partner meeting on 19 May 2020. Different, but certainly a good way to see each other again.
The actions from the Frisian Action Plan are on schedule. But there is more:
- The Northern Netherlands Alliance (SNN) has literally incorporated a picture of Islands of Innovation in its Regional Innovation Support (RIS). So that means that OP-EFRO is influenced.
- The Portuguese Azores and the Dutch island of Ameland have received Horizon2020 approval for their project IANOS. The project is about decarbonising energy systems.
- Dutch island Ameland and Danish island Borkum are working together within Interreg A, The Netherlands-Germany, on the H2Watt project.
- After a rejection from the Northern Netherlands Aliance the project Vliehouse is now divided into two projects: a technical research, which is not yet funded)- and market research, funded by OP EFRO)
- The Horizon2020 project RUN, a network of universities in Portugal, The Netherlands, Ireland and Finland will be submitted for the next call
- The Erasmus projects: Smarthands and I-shrink have been submitted
- For the Wadcare project we have already received some development funding from OP-EFRO and we are now looking into whether we can obtain additional funding from healthcare institutions.
- The province of Fryslân has also been asked to participate in the Horizon 2020 project LETS.
Islands of Innovations is very happy to say that we - as an interreg Europe project - have influenced all the above mentioned beautiful projects and activities to a greater or lesser extent.
From our partner from Estonia we learned that the inhabitants of Saarema wish each other a 'stay negative' (= negative testing on the coronavirus), which we gladly join.
So we wish you a good summer, stay negative and we hope to see you again soon .