What is a matchmaking session?
A matchmaking is a thematic discussion moderated and organised by our experts for the benefit of a regional or local policymaker. Specifically designed around the needs and challenges of the host, the session usually last between 90-minutes and two hours. Peers from across Europe are invited to the session to make recommendations based on their experience and expertise.
It is a great opportunity to get inspiration from good practices in other parts of Europe and discuss your region’s challenge with other public authorities, thematic experts, and policy stakeholders.
The Policy Learning Platform experts support the organisation of matchmakings by:
- Identifying suitable peers
- Briefing the host coordinator and the selected peers
- Supporting the preparation of content input, the coordination and moderation of the exchanges during the online matchmaking session
- Supporting the finalisation of the matchmaking report
How can I apply?
Matchmaking sessions are addressed particularly to people representing managing authorities of Structural Funds programmes, that would like to test-out interregional learning possibilities.
On 18 March, we will cover the following topics:
- Research and innovation (TO1)
- SME competitiveness (TO3)
- Low-carbon economy (TO4)
- Environment and resource efficiency (TO6)
We will organise two sets of 90-minute parallel sessions from:
- 10:30 to 12:00 CET
- 14:00 to 15:30 CET
For more information on this service, do not hesitate to check the dedicated page and see what has been done in the past.
What is the Policy Learning week?
The Policy Learning Platform has recently launched the Policy Learning week. Organised over the course of a week, from 14 to 18 March, we are bringing you several activities, divided into thematic days structured as follows:
- 14 March: Environment and resource efficiency day
- 15 March: SME competitiveness day
- 16 March: Research and Innovation day
- 17 March: Low-carbon economy day
- 18 March: Matchmaking sessions day
This week will be the opportunity to meet like-minded participants, exchange good practices and experiences, create synergies and learn more about our services and how we can help you.