Lazio Innova Action plan and other activities
Lazio Innova elaborated in the 5th semester the final version of its Action Plan.
Lazio Innova selected as Policy Instrument Action 3.5.1-SUB-ACTION A INNOVATION HUB: REFORM OF INCUBATORS IN PLACES OF ACCESSING TO REGIONAL SERVICES FOR BUSINESS AND WORK-PROJECT “LOIC – LAZIO OPEN INNOVATION CENTRE OF ZAGAROLO” of Lazio Region 2014-2020 ERDF R.O.P. .
The LOIC Project is structured on the following activities:
- STARTUP ACADEMY
- STARTUP CAMPUS
- NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EVENTS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENCES
- SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS, ANIMATION AND MARKETING
- TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO LOCAL BODIES/CITIZENS/TERRITORY AND INFOMEDIARY MANAGEMENT
Lazio Innova’s Action Plan aims at improving the 2022-2023 version of CLAB LAZIO & STARTUP ACADEMY Activities. CLAB LAZIO aims at realizing entrepreneurial animation actions and launching micro-innovation labs to support existing SMEs in the product innovation process. On the other hand, STARTUP ACADEMY is an accelerator programme aimed at supporting start-ups to develop their business model and strengthen their commercialisation strategy and drive project results into the market.
After the in-depth analysis of partners’ Best Practices, Lazio Innova selected Incoova from the Regional Development Agency of Murcia Region as the BP to be taken as reference to improve these LOIC activities. INCOOVA aims at identifying and developing entrepreneurial talents to create successful companies by using an open innovation methodology. It also provides SMEs willing to create new products/services with teams of graduates, researchers, master and doctoral students and former entrepreneurs who provide innovative solutions always by using open innovation methodology.
The specific elements of INCOOVA that could innovate CLABLAZIO and STARTUP ACADEMY activities are listed here below:
- use of open innovation for the elaboration of innovative products/services and for the creation of new companies;
- involvement of graduates, master and doctoral students and researchers;
- involvement of former entrepreneurs and skilled labour force expelled from the labour market;
- creation of teams composed of graduates, master/doctoral students, and researchers;
- inclusion of teams in the product/service prototyping paths and in the pre-incubation process to help them to become a new company.
During Phase 2 of the Project the following steps have been planned to realize the new version of CLAB LAZIO & STARTUP ACADEMY paths containing the innovative elements arising from INCOOVA.
Impact Management: Why?
Furthermore, Lazio Innova organized the online Webinar entitled, “Impact Management, a Boost For Scaling Up” about non-financial values generated by organizations becoming a crucial issue in investment choices. The analysis and management of the non-financial values generated by organizations are becoming a crucial issue in investment choices.
In recent years there has been a growing attention to the ability of a company to not only be sustainable economically but also environmentally and to generate positive value for the community and the stakeholders.
The analysis of impact factors has become a discriminating element in investment strategies and can therefore influence the growth and the development of an organization.
This trend is valid for both private and public funds and is also part of a regulatory context that is going to outline an increasingly systemic approach to these issues.
In this sense, providing enterprises in the scale-up phase the knowledge of a managerial and organizational approach that takes these aspects into account means favoring the development of a business model that is impact-oriented and in line with the evolution of the capital supply.
Considering the growing importance of these topics and the thematic affinity with the goals of Scale Up, Lazio Innova, with the support of EURADA and ItaliaCamp srl (Lazio Innova external expert), have organized “Impact management, a Boost for Scaling Up” an online seminar open to partners and stakeholders of Scale-Up Project and to all professionals and organizations interested in the topic.
The event focused on how impact management can be useful in accompanying the scale-up of any kind of organization.
The event achieved 3 goals:
- offer a preliminary overview of an important trend that is affecting all sectors and all markets: sustainability and impact;
- offer examples of application to the world of finance: impact investing and new financial instruments for start-ups in the growth phase;
- stimulate a moment of open discussion among participants and share possible experiences by Partners.
The event offered an additional perspective for the implementation of good practices in support of business growth, according to the SCALE UP Project.