In the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, as elsewhere, citizens and end-users are still not very involved in the production of heat from renewable energy sources, as the legal, administrative and financial procedures are poorly explored. However, this is a high-potential avenue that can contribute to the energy transition.
To better understand how citizens can invest in collective renewable heat projects in partnership with local authorities, AURA-EE is hosting a two-day seminar in the form of two study visits.
Wednesday, June 8: Renewable Energy Policies in Lyon’s Metropole
Meeting point: ALEC Lyon at 9 am
- 9:30 - 12:00 Presentations of the actions carried out by the Metropolis of Lyon
- 12:00 - 13:30 Lunch break
- 13:30 - 17:30 Study visits (2 proposed study visits)
Renewable heat tour: this tour will give you a taste of the type of advancements that are being made to produce clean energy at the heart of Lyon. From solar heat in a modern residential building to geothermal energy production at the Fine Arts Museum.
Cutting edge, hydrogen and renewables: this tour will take you to the south of Lyon, to a historical chemical-industry zone dating back to the middle of the 19th century. Since 2014 the Metropole of Lyon and a consortium of private companies in the zone made an invitation destined to green chemical, environmentally conscious and renewable energy companies to establish their premises in order to redirect the historical activity of the zone. In this visit, you will discover what innovations are taking place to rewrite a greener future.
- 17:30 - 18:30 Free time
- 18:30 - 19:30 Lyon city tour
- 19:30 - 21:30 Regional and European partners' dinner
Thursday, June 9th: Citizen investment in renewable energies
Meeting point at 7:30 in front of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Energie Environnement office
- 7:30 - 9:15 Transfer by bus
- 9:15 - 10:30 First stop, 1st visit "Notre-Dame-de-l’Osier"
These citizens share an ambition that turned into a wood-energy heating network that supplies a Retirement Home, a school and 10 social housing buildings with heat and hot water.
- 10:30 - 11:15 Transfer by bus
- 11:15 - 12:15 Second stop, 2nd visit "Préau des Colibris"
The first solar thermal project in France was intalled at a condominium thanks to the engagement of their owners and the involvement of a citizen's collective. Come and see for yourself this unique project and discover the intricacies of the financial model they devised to achieve it.
- 12:30 - 14:30 Lunch break at Tremplin Sport Formation
- 14:30 - 15:30 Presentation of the "tour de France" of ENR thermal citizen companies | Presentation of legal and financial study on the development of citizen heating projects
- 15:30 - 15:45 break
- 15:45 - 17:30 EnRisk: A strategy game on financing the development of a project to understand the interest and effects of partnerships on governance and local economic benefits.
- 17:30 - 19:00 Transfer to the airport (we should be back by 7 pm) and then to Lyon.
- 19:00 - 20:30 Free time
- 20:30 - 21:30 Dinner
Cover photo by Mitchell Henderson on Unsplash.