Registrations for the Innocastle final conference are now open!
Join us on August 31st at Apor Palace in Alba Iulia (Romania) for a full day dedicated to making European castles, manors and historical estates future-proof.
This one day event will dive into the projects' results in Romania and partner regions and will present proposals for the upgrade of public policies and tools relevant to regional policymakers, investors and owners of European rural estates, manors and castles. Participants will have the opportunity to address current themes like conservation and resilience of historic estates, ensuring the sustainability of heritage investments, sustainable cultural tourism or civil society involvement.
The conference is organized by the Romanian National Institute of Heritage, with the support of the „Center” Regional Development Agency and ”1 Decembrie 1918” University of Alba Iulia.
9:00 - Registration
Moderator: Irina Iamandescu, historic monuments deputy director, National Institute of Heritage
09:30 - Introduction: opening speeches
- Ministry of Culture - TBD
- National Institute for Heritage - Oana-Valeria Zaharia, Interim Manager
- Center Regional Development Agency - Simion Crețu, General Director
10:00 - INNOcastle project overview, Raluca Grama, project coordinator, National Institute for Heritage, and Joep de Roo, project manager, Eurodite
10:15 - Overview of Interreg Europe actions, Etienne Rodzinka-Verhelle, Policy officer, Interreg Europe Secretariat
10:30 - Coffee break
11:00 - Valuing and valorizing castles, manors and estates on local and regional level - tools for the future
- Resilient Estate Landscapes - the case of Gelderland - Elyze Storms-Smeets, PhD and Paul Thissen, Province of Gelderland (NL)
- Policies for preservation in Flanders - Bert de Roo, PhD, University of Ghent (BE)
- Castles, manors and estates with a people centered approach - Catherine Leonard/Alex Bishop, International National Trusts Organization (UK)
- Regional tourism development in the province of Badajoz - Patricia Mora/Juan Pablo Martin, Innogestiona (ES)
- Cultural heritage - sustainable investments, sustainable development - Raluca Grama, National Institute for Heritage (RO)
11:45 - Regional development - the role and impact of castles, manors and estates- panel discussion
Moderator: Joep de Roo
Participants: Sylvie Van Damme, Professor, University of Ghent (BE); Paul Thissen, Strategic policy advisor, Province of Gelderland (NL); Patricia Mora, Manager/ Director, Innogestiona (ES); Adina Dragu, Policy expert, National Institute of Heritage (RO); Catherine Leonard / Alex Bishop, General Secretary / Deputy General Secretary, INTO (UK)
12:45 - Lunch
Moderator: Bogdan Suditu, associate professor, Phd., University of Bucharest
14:00 - Future of Castles and manors in Europe - joint reflection with stakeholders- parallel workshops
15:15: Romanian heritage investment instruments - panel discussion
Participants: National Institute of Heritage, ADR Centru, TBD
16:00 - Conclusions
Irina Iamandescu and Bogdan Suditu
17:00 - Conference closing & networking