The Regional Development Agency of Murcia is implementing a new scaling up programme for local start-ups
The Regional Development Agency of Murcia (INFO Murcia), lead partner of SCALE UP, just lunched a new programme which aims to facilitate the scaling up process for regional SMEs.
This new programme consists in a guidance and support for innovative and high-growth start-ups for their scaling at the level of product improvement, a marketing plan, a financial structure, a value proposition improvement and an investment pitch approach.
The programme is open to any company registered under the form of a limited company (minimum 6 months), to any company that has a registered office in the Region of Murcia and has a minimum viable product of an innovative product or service. In addition, INFO Murcia requests also a summary of the business Project stating the scalability of the business model.
Selection criteria are:
- Having a business model scalability;
- Having a product or service easy to be internationalized;
- Having a commercial pitch;
- Having a detailed analysis of your main competitors.
Click here to see more details about the launch of this programme for scaling up of start-ups in the Murcia region.
INFO Murcia launched a 3-weeks open call. Only 10 start-ups will be selected for the programme which consist of 6 weeks of practical training (24 hours in total) and 12 workshops. In addition, the selected SMEs can benefit from a follow-up mentoring in four the upcoming months. In that phase, start-ups can have up to 8 sessions (1.5 hour each) with the experts of INFO Murcia.
The open call for regional start-ups is open until the 22nd of July 2022. The selected companies should be able to benefit from this new programme from the 2nd half of September. A kick-off meeting of the programme in Murcia, in a face-to-face format, is foreseen. However, workshops and individual mentoring sessions will be held in a hybrid format.
The theoretical part of the programme will cover six areas:
- Digital ecosystem.
- Business models/Methodologies.
- Finance/Investment Pitchs.
- Personal and organisational skills.
- Global trends and business opportunities.
The 12 workshops, indeed, will deal with other topics:
- Digital panorama and digital ecosystem. Session on who the main players in the digital ecosystem are and what the current panorama of national/international entrepreneurship looks like. Traditional business model vs entrepreneurship.
- Digital business models. Analysis of the main business models of large players: Amazon, Google, Meta, Netflix.
- Startups Fundamentals. Lean Startup model, Business model Canvas, planning tools, Ycombinator models, MVPs.
- Mindset Digital. The job profiles that work in start-ups are explained, the Knowmads + Soft Skills profiles are explained. Growth hacking.
- Storytelling. Participants will learn how to build narratives to sell product or investment pitch
- Customer Journey. Analysis of the user's customer journey and the purchase funnel and what tools to use in each segment.
- Marketing Plan. How to generate an effective marketing plan on all channels. Online sales, apps, marketing campaigns, lead generation, content strategy. Growth Marketing.
- Financial scaling up. How to financially manage the scaling up, from the first rounds of investment to series A. How to make the pre money/post money valuation. Exits.
- Superconsummer. Evolution of consumers and their habits, trends regarding forms of consumption. Forms of distribution and B2C approach.
- Customer Experience. Methodology on how to carry out a project to reconfigure an organization capable of generating experiences for its customers and increasing profitability. Case studies of successes and failures.
- Vision of brands in the personal environment. How to impact the consumer. Targets and person buyers. Focus on walled gardens/social environments, distribution of impacts. Branding
- Trends. Global trends on disruptive technology and business opportunities. Metaverse, Blockchain, NFTs, Daos, AI, IOT, AR/VR/MR
The first outcomes of this programme are expected in Spring 2023. This programme for start-up is part of the Action Plan of the Murcia Region developed in the framework of the Interreg SCALE UP project.