On the 25th October, EUCC Baltic office - hosting partner of the 3rd International meeting of the IMPACT Interreg Europe Project- organized an open interregional event focused on the ‘up-coming Protected Areas Reform in Lithuania'.
This event included a series of presentations from local stakeholders – Lithuanian authorities involved in Protected Areas management – and from European partners.
The program was as follows:
1. Presentation by Prof. Ramūnas Povilanskas, Vice-president of EUCC – Coastal and Marine Union: A potential contribution of the IMPACT project of INTERREG Europe in reforming the protected area management system of Lithuania
2. Presentation by Mr. Darius Nicius, President of the Association of Regional Parks and Reserves of Lithuania: Position of the Association of Regional Parks on the state park reform in Lithuania
3. Presentation by Mr. Juozas Mazeika, Kretinga district municipality mayor: Self-governance approach to the management of protected areas
4. Presentation by Dr. Teresa Pastor, EUROPARC Project and Policy Development Manager: Innovative models and advanced policies of protected area management in Europe
5. Presentation by Mr. Francisco Solano Cobos Ruiz, Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning of Andalusia. Regional Government of Andalusia: Andalusian experience in natural park administration and community involvement into sustainable development.
A Round Table moderated by Ramunas Povilanskas followed the meeting. Proceedings of the Conference are available here.