Last week was the study visit to Madeira on the topic: "Digitizing European industry objective of universal business/SME access to a digital innovation hub at a working distance in peripheral and emerging regions".
The things our partners discussed were:
- Digital transition and the next programming period 21-27 - Duarte Freitas, President of Institute of Business Development (IDE, IP-RAM)
- Europe towards digital innovation and the CARPE DIGEM project - Clive Peckham, Project Leader
- Internationalization and attraction of innovative investment - Filipa Ferreira, Director of Invest Madeira
- Innovation Ecosystem of the Autonomous Region of Madeira – Rui Barreto, Regional Secretary of Economy
- Digital Innovation Hubs and the Digital Innovation Ecosystem in Madeira -Brainstorming with the Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology, and Innovation, regional entities, partners, and stakeholders
- Improving and facilitating the Digital Innovation Hub / SIH: Smart Islands Hub – Moderator: Paulo Abreu, ARDITI Project Manager.
- ITI – Interactive Technologies Institute - A center of design for global change, creating socio-technical systems suited to holistic challenges
- Oceanic Observatory of Madeira (OOM) / MARE Madeira – A multipolar RD&I Centre created for research, technological development, and innovation, with an integrative and holistic approach
- Study visit – Innovation & entrepreneurship - StartUp Madeira, Regional Incubator and part of the European network of business and innovation centers – From Madeira to the world, with Carlos Lopes, Executive President of Startup Madeira
- Improving the Digital Innovation Ecosystem - Moderator: Carlos Lopes, Executive President of Startup Madeira.
- Study visit - AMS – Sensores, Portugal Company - Bringing intelligence to light and passion to innovation, to enrich people’s lives
- The digital transformation and innovation in the food and beverage sector - Study visit to “Henriques & Henriques” Company – Vineyards, winery, innovation, culture, and heritage, with Humberto Jardim, CEO
- Workshop on digital innovation and transformation of the food and beverage sector – CARPE DIGEM good practice - with partners and stakeholders. Localization: Municipal Library of Câmara de Lobos
- Study visit - Digital Nomad Village at Ponta do Sol, with Micaela Vieira, Startup Madeira Project Manager
More information, pictures, and videos from the meeting you can find on our social media channels!