As part of the implementation of the regional AgroRES Action Plan, the Lubelskie Voivodeship updated the Development Strategy of the Lubelskie Voivodeship until 2030. The document emphasizes a wider dissemination of energy production technologies from renewable sources and their use, especially in rural areas. The new version of this document includes:
1. Operational Objective 1.1. Improving the competitiveness of farms, which involves among other things:
- increasing the energy efficiency of farms
- increasing the production and use of energy from renewable sources.
2) Operational Objective 4.6. Supporting bottom-up initiatives and improving management efficiency, which involves:
- supporting supra-local network initiatives that stimulate economic development and strengthen the identity of local communities
- promoting greater involvement of private funds in major development projects, e.g. through public-private partnerships
- balancing the distribution network areas through cooperation of the Distribution Network Operator, renewable energy prosumers, energy clusters, energy cooperatives, etc.
The Development Strategy of the Lubelskie Voivodeship is an important document that sets out the directions of activities, and it serves as a reference point when drawing up programs for co-financing and development of individual industries in the region.
The next stage of the implementation of activities supporting RES in our region will be the updated Energy Development Program for the Lubelskie Voivodeship. In March 2023, the Board of the Lubelskie Voivodeship decided to proceed with the development of the Energy Policy in the Lubelskie Voivodeship with a perspective until 2030. The document is expected to identify current conditions for development of the energy sector, help reaching the goals of energy transition, and determine the directions of energy development in the Lubelskie Voivodeship.
The areas of operation of conventional energy and those using renewables will be taken into account. Directions of action until 2030 will be set along with a long-term vision of climate neutrality of the Lubelskie Voivodeship, preceded by a detailed analysis of the region's development in this respect.
The main expectations for the new energy policy are:
- Development of one common document covering energy and RES
- Updating to current conditions
- Increasing the emphasis on development and support of distributed energy and local civil energy entities
- Determination of actions aimed at climate neutrality of the region
- Increasing energy security in the region
- Development of guidelines that will facilitate coordination of all activities related to the development and operation of energy communities in the Lubelskie Voivodeship.
To develop the energy policy, a team of the most active expert stakeholders will be asked to consult on the assumptions of the draft document. The analysis by the appointed group is going to assure that undertaken activities contribute to social acceptance of the policy.